Goodies for Peer Reviews
These documents and links are presented to assist your practice of software peer
reviews. You are free to use these items and to modify them to best suit your needs. You may NOT sell them, adapt or incorporate them into
any commercial product or service without permission from Process Impact, or post them on any web site accessible outside your company.
Payments received for these items are donated to the Norm Kerth Benefit Fund to help
a software consultant who has been disabled since 1999 with a traumatic brain injury. You may also make additional
donations to this fund.
Thank you for your support.
Process Assets for Software Peer Reviews and Inspections
Set 1, Process Description: $5.00:
Set 2, Defect Checklists for Reviews: $5.00:
- Peer Review Process Description (preview)
- Requirements Specifications
- Detailed Designs
- Source Code (Generic)
- Test Plans
- Project Plans
Set 3, Review Forms: $5.00:
Set 4, Inspection Data Spreadsheets: $5.00:
- Inspection Summary Report
- Inspection Issue Log
- Peer Review Typo List
- Inspection Moderator's Checklist
- Inspection Lessons Learned Questionnaire
- Spreadsheet for code inspection data
- Sample code inspection data spreadsheet
- Spreadsheet for document inspection data
- Sample document inspection data spreadsheet
Tools to Assist with Software Peer Reviews
Home | Publications | Seminars | Webinars |
eLearning | Products | Good Books | Links | Biography
- Codestriker is an open-source web-based application that supports online code reviewing.
It's available under the GNU public license. Codestriker integrates with several version-control
and defect-tracking tools.
- Code Collaborator from SmartBear Software
is a Windows-based commercial tool that facilitates code review by remote reviewers. It builds an audit
trail of review activities and integrates with several commercial version-control products.
- Parasoft offers several commercial tools that scan C or C++ code
to detect violations of some 170 established coding standards in those languages.
- DevPartner from Micro Focus analyzes source code
in languages including C#, Visual Basic .NET and ASP .NET
for potential problems, rule nonconformances, and violations of coding standards that could lead to problems.
- Several commercial versions of the Lint static code analyzer are available, primarily for programs written in C and C++, but also Fortran
and Java. Examples are Lint-PLUS for C and FortranLint from Cleanscape Software International
and Flexelint from Gimpel Software.
- Splint is a tool to statically check C programs for security vulnerabilities and coding mistakes.